Finish the 1st Report? lol so here is the Intra-School Debate Championship 2nd Report!! :D
I got so tired yesterday, plus that headache. And I slept
the whole night. When I woke up, it was Mun who texted me saying the debate
today starts earlier. So I onlined for a while and yeah, Kak Ulfah said we ll
start at 8.30 am. Be4 I went to school, my mom asked me, “Heeyy don’t you feel
boring just going to school everyday?” and I was.. yeeeahh~
So arriving at school, the judges said there’s going to be
the 4th round. I didn’t really care bout it coz even if we won we
still wont be going to breaks. Then they showed the ranking of team with amount
of loss and wins. It kinda made me sad when we and equinox team were the only
teams that lost all the 3 debate. I was really down at that time, to be ashamed
to the fact that ive been debating for some years and yet still cannot train me
and my teammates to do well.
I was the best speaker, but the fact that I couldn’t train
my newbies teammates is really frustrating. It’s such a lame morning for me,
being guilty for not being a good debater and trainer to my newbies. The fact
that we didn’t win for even once for the first day was getting more annoying. I
scolded myself, for bringing down the name of debaters. It was a shame. It was
disappointing.
So the motions for the 4th round were released.
Ohh b4 I forget it, Amirah couldn’t come due to some reasons. So only us 3 were
debating. The motions were…:
THBT Barbie Doll is An Insult towards Women
THW Make Compulsory for Men in Military to Grow Beards
THW Officially Approve the Third Gender
And suddenly, a junior besides me approach me n said “akk,
akk lawan kumpulan Equinox kan?” “yeah” “dorang tarik diri” “huh? Asal?”
“entah. Dorg x nak debate ari ni” this may sounds good to hear, but it made me
more stressful. We got the free win. The CHEAP win. Just winning the way I
don’t like it. But still, we need to speak and build our case. And we chose the
first motion : THBT Barbie Doll is an Insult towards Women.
So the quarantine time.. was really dull. Lame. Stressful.
Unhappy. It was me who made things like that. I got quiet for some times and
their faces were really confused. Then I said “do you want me to be frank
with u guys?” “yeah” “I am mad at you guys” “why?” “wanna ask you, what’s your
real purpose to drag me into your team in first place?” “for you to train us
lah” and I got quiet. Yeah I know. I was a little bit too much for blaming
them. I felt like scolding them more but I knew it would be useless. More than
useless. Because it was my fault afterall. Sorry Syaza and Ain.
But then I cheered up the atmosphere again. I explained what
should we do to prove that Barbie Doll is an Insult. And it’s ok again. so we
debated without the opposition team. A very boring debate. A very useless
debate, actually. So we finished earlier and I went to other classes. The room
1’s debate was quite funny, lol. They debated the 2nd motion and the gov always attacked the way opp pronounced ‘BEARDS’, when it sounds like ‘BIRDS’
lol. “now mrs. Speaker, I was kinda confused with the opp team. They’re
actually telling the men in military to not grow beards or BIRDS?!” and lol, I
laughed so much.
Then I went into the Room 4, where both teams are boys. They
debated the 1st motion and when I entered, the gov was doing the
reply speech. ”people always tell me that women is like.. PEEAARRRLL *very
funny hand gesture symbolizing that pearl* and I am so sad with the opp today. We
always call them with ‘respective team’ but what did they reply us? They always
said we are the ridiculous and bad team~ I’m so saaddd *with that 50 sen pity
face*, mrs. speaker” and LOL it was so funny.
NEXT ROUND : Quarter Final!
I don’t remember all, but there’re 6 teams going, and one
team suddenly gave up. So the 7th ranking was going to quarter
final. The 1st (Zephyr) and 2nd ranking (Axxess) didn’t
have to debate and they just need to wait for their opponent from the 3rd – 6th
ranking. The motions were :
THBT the World Need Superheroes
THW Make Optimist Minister the President of World
THBT Chicky Should Not Cross the Road
So the motions that first room chose was THBT Chicky Should
Not Cross The Road [well, I don’t understand this motion] and the 2nd
room chose THBT The World Need Superheroes. And I just simply watched the 2nd
room ;) it was Aerostar(Gov) VS Skyhawk(Opp). It was a fun debate and I
predicted the opp won and they really did. They were the champion last year and
here they’re again. The debate was so funny that I just felt like laughing all
the time. The way they were acting the ‘Superheroes’ was LOOLL. “even if in the
dragon ball, they will go like ‘Kame kame HAAA~’ *with that hand acting* and if
the ultraman suddenly steps and GUNG! GUNG! *with his legs acting* that
ultraman only have the stupid green box that can do nothing, mrs. Speaker.” LOL
it was so funny even by just thinking bout it.
So the awaited Semi-Final!
debate of Form2 [forgot the name] VS Zephyr (Room 1) + Skyhawk VS Axxess (Room 2)
and i managed to watch the full of Room 1 and a bit of Room 2. with the same motion : THW Punish Students who Insult the Teachers Online, it was quite dull and complicated [LOL]. they were debating the same motion but with different cases. Room 1 with the should-or-not-councelling-issue and Room 2 with online-is-the-only-place-to-criticise-teachers issue.
it was supposed to be Skyhawk VS Zephyr for the first room, and i was like "No way! i wanna watch them in final!" and alhamdulillah it was changed after that :)) and in the end.. Skyhawk (The Form5s) and Zephyr (Mun, Syakirah n Hasanah) got to be the finalists!! waiting to see them in final on 20th April! :DD
Read the First Day of the Championship HERE.
Final of Championship HERE
it was supposed to be Skyhawk VS Zephyr for the first room, and i was like "No way! i wanna watch them in final!" and alhamdulillah it was changed after that :)) and in the end.. Skyhawk (The Form5s) and Zephyr (Mun, Syakirah n Hasanah) got to be the finalists!! waiting to see them in final on 20th April! :DD
Read the First Day of the Championship HERE.
Final of Championship HERE
yeahhh i also feel down when we have to debate against skyhawk at the first place.. coz if we're going to go to the finals, it would be merrier if we meet them again LOL.. so, i said to k.ulfah: akak...this is so mean... n suddenly they change our opp... how lucky was us.. :D
ReplyDeleteyeah, plus my shout "heyy! i wanna see them in final!!" tuh yg kak ulfah tukar :D
ReplyDeleteAKAK! For the beard motion.. we're the gov lahh.. XD But yeah, that was funny!! XD
ReplyDeleteSyakirah, ive fixed it :)
ReplyDelete